The Best Guys is an Animated television series created by EliNinja for Nickelodeon. The show centers around a12-year-old South Dakotan named Marx and his Guardian angel, Phil, who usually helps Marx when he gets into some situations. The series aired on the Nickelodeon cable channel from December 31st, 2012 - March 20th, 2015 with a total of 3 seasons and 78 episodes. The show was rated TV-G in the United States.
A theatrical adaptation of the series had also been released in 2014.
- Marx - (voiced by Billy West) - an average 12-year-old boy who appearently dropped out of school at the age of 10, but is still good at plenty of things.
- Phil - (voiced by John DiMaggio) - Marx's best friend and guardian angel. He usually hangs out with him most of the time. Phil can also speak French on occasion and is very good at acrobatics.
- Lo - (voiced by Grey DeLisle) - Marx's single narcoleptic mother who sleeps around the house most of the time. She's still able to pay bills and make food, though, so she's still a good mom.
- Chair Boy - (voiced by Tom Kenny) - Marx and Phil's paraplegic friend who likes going on adventures while in his wheelchair, which he uses due having some sort of leg paralysis.
- The voice actors for Marx and Phil can easily be recognized from the acclaimed TV show, Futurama.
- Chair Boy was originally going to only have 1 appearence, but due to the interest of the series creator EliNinja, the character was featured as apart of the main cast starting in Season Two.
- The show was first conceived by EliNinja in 2008 but hadn't found a channel to air on until Nickelodeon picked it up in 2012 since most of the channels that the show was pitched to had passed it on.