|Launched||March 19, 1989|
|Owned by|| Viacom (50%)|
Apple Entertainment, Inc. (50%)
|Slogan||Random Is Funny|
|Headquarters||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Formerly called||Kidland (1989-1993)|
|Sister channel(s)||Worldkids, Cartoon Cartoon, Frizbee, Teletoon, Teletoon Retro|
|Dish Network||Channel 459|
|Available on most cable systems||Check local listings|
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 1962|
Random TV is an American television channel that broadcasts several Nickelodeon programming as well as other programming and some original programming.
Originally launched on March 19, 1989 as Kidland, the channel was rebranded as Random TV on September 19, 1993.
Viacom purchased a 50% stake in the network in 1997.
The channel launched on March 19, 1989 as Kidland featuring syndicated programming such as I Love Lucy and Full House and original programming such as The Stupid Show. The channel was unsuccessful, and it was rebranded as Random TV in 1993.
Viacom purchased a 50% stake in Random TV in 1997, which effectivley meant the channel would begin to broadcast more and more Nickelodeon programming.
Main article: List of programs broadcast by Random TV
The channel airs several programming blocks.
- Adult Time - airs from 10pm to 6am every night. Launched April 1, 2003.
- Playland - a preschool-oriented block airing from 6am to 12pm. Launched February 3, 2009.
- Stranded on Random Island - a summer block that began in 1998.
- Winter Wonderland - a winter block that began in 2003.
- Hit Music Universe - Aired music videos, began in 2001, ended in 2009.
- A Nightly Dose of the 1960's - Aired from 1989 to 2003, replaced with Adult Time in 2003.
- Nick Jr. on Random TV - begun in 1999, ended February 2, 2009.