|The channel's current logo from 2015.|
|Launched|| September 1st, 2009 (first incarnation) |
September 27th, 2015 (The Game)
November 29th, 2015 (RaGE Game)
|Closed|| September 26th, 2015 (Nick Game) |
December 25, 2017 (RaGE Game)
|Owned by|| RaGE Media Group (2009-2017) |
Axiom Entertainment (2017)
|Picture format|| 480i (SDTV) |
|Slogan||It's Time to Play.|
|Broadcast area||North America|
|Headquarters|| New York City, New York (Nick Game) |
Manchester, New Hampshire (RaGE Game)
|Formerly called|| Nickelodeon Classic Game Show Network (2009-2012) |
Nickelodeon Game Show Network (2012-2015)
Nick Game (2015)
The Game (2015)
|Replaced by||Axiom Games and Sports|
RaGE Game is a television channel devoted to old and new game shows, and gaming events.
On October 9, 2017, it was announced that Axiom Entertainment will buy the channel for $5 million, and it will rebrand in late October/early November as Axiom Games and Sports.
Pre-launch and Launch (January 2009 - September 2009)
At the beginning of 2009, it was announced that Nickelodeon XD would cease broadcasting by the end of summer. One week before the end of NXD, it was announced that the NGSC would take its place. On September 1, 2009 @ 12:00 AM, NGSC showed a 30 second bumper of game shows that it will air throughout the day, including GUTS, Nick Arcade, Slime Time Retro, Figure It Out, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple and more.
main article: Nickelodeon Game Show Channel/Launch schedule
Early years (2009 - 2010)
During the early years, the ratings were strong all across the board, not dropping below 800,000, and it's highest was 3.1 million during an airing of the original Nick Arcade pilot in early 2010.
Rebrand and New name (2015)
At the NGSC summit in early February, it was announced that in late February/early March that the channel will rebrand as NickGame. In late March, an HD Feed was launched. Also in late March, some programming that was doing poorly was dropped from the lineup.
Proposed shut down
It was announced in early September that the channel would shut down to make room for other properties. The shutdown date will be in mid October.
RaGE Media takeover
In late September, it was announced that Viacom will pull it's funding from the channel, and RaGE Media picked up the channel and it will rebrand as The Game on September 27, 2015, and as such, all Nickelodeon programming except for Nick Arcade and Nickelodeon Guts were removed from the schedule. RaGE Media has said that it will make more original programming for The Game, including some original films. In November, the channel was rebranded as RaGE Game, and a block spun off from the original name, Nick Game, was launched as well.
On March 2, 2016, RaGE Media Group announced that RaGE Game will revamp it's schedule, and it will move it's Nickelodeon programming to a Saturday morning block from 6a-9:30a.
The schedule was once again updated for the summer of 2017, with no originals being planned or filmed. Most new programming came from AxiomTechTV.
RaGE Game Originals
- The Chuggaaconroy Showcase [March 30, 2015 – present]
- Joel's Playground [October 2, 2015 – present]
The Game Original Film
- The Road of Life (premiered November 5, 2015)
- Arena (aired as G4's Arena) [2009 - April 2015;September 2015 - present]
- The Amazing Race (seasons 1 - 26) [2009–present]
- The Amazing Race Asia [2012–present]
- The Amazing Race Canada [2015–present]
- Cash Cab [2009–present]
- Jeopardy! (episodes 3,675 - 6,863) [2009–present]
- LAN Party [2017-present]
- Lingo [2009–present]
- Kinniku Banzuke [2015–present]
- Kunoichi [2015–present]
- Mod This! [2017-present]
- Nick Arcade [2009–present]
- Nickelodeon Guts [2009 - 2012, 2015–present]
- Press Your Luck [2009–present]
- Sasuke/Ninja Warrior (earlier seasons aired under Ninja Warrior, season 28 - present aired as Sasuke in it's original Japanese form with English subtitles) [2014–present]
- Select (2017-present)
- StarCraft II World Championship Series [2014–present]
- NationWars [2015–present]
- Whammy! The All-New Press Your Luck [2009 - 2010, 2012 - 2013, 2015 - present]
- GameVision (2017-future)
- BrainSurge [October 2009 - April 2015]
- My Family's Got Guts [2009 - 2015]
- Slime Time Live (aired as Slime Time Retro) [2009 - 2010, 2012, 2014 - 2015]
- Double Dare (All versions) [2009 - 2011, 2013, 2015]
- Figure It Out [2009 - 2013, 2015]
- Finders Keepers (Nickelodeon version only) [2009 - 2010, 2012, 2015]
- Get the Picture (game show) [2009 - 2015]
- Legends of the Hidden Temple [2009 - 2015]
- Nick or Treat! (Only on October) [October 2009 - 2015]
- What Would You Do? [2010 - 2015]
- You're On! [2013 - 2015]
= Acquired programming
- WCG Ultimate Gamer (aired as World Cyber Games: Ultimate Gamer) [2014-2016]
|Past RaGE Game logos|
|September 1, 2009 - August 31, 2011||September 1, 2011 - February 22, 2012||February 23, 2012 - February 19, 2015||February 20, 2015 - September 26, 2015||September 27, 2015 - November 28, 2015|