|2016-present logo (Used as a screenbug)|
|Launched||January 4, 1993|
|Owned by|| Deadpan Productions|
|Picture format|| 1080i (HDTV)|
|Headquarters||New York City|
Early years (1993-1996)
Kingson was the result of an agreement made by Deadpan Productions and Viacom to originate an assortment with each other. When Deadpan Productions became a subsidiary for Viacom on December 18, 1992, it managed two headquarters in Seattle, Washington and New York City, New York. Kingson was launched on January 2, 1993 from a $400,000 investment.
During its first two months on airing, the network's lineup consisted of mainly game shows and sitcoms from the 1970s to early 1990s era. In 1994, Kingson's first animated television series, The Misadventures of Gecko officially aired on February 17, 1994, and aired seven seasons from 1994 to 1999, with 102 episodes overall. The series uplifted a huge audience, giving popularity to the channel.
The Golden era (1997-2005)
Kingson Next! (2006-2014)
Modern Kingson (2015-present)
- Main article: List of programs on Kingson
- Regular Routine: A nonspecific block which spans nearly everyday. It consists of no special programming, marathons, nor movies, and is basically an average lineup of series (both acquired and original).
- Saturday Movie Marathon (Saturdays; 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
- Sunday Specials (Sundays; 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- KingEdge (Mondays - Fridays; 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM) KingEdge is a block which was first introduced to the channel in 2012. The block consists of programs usually settling in a TV-PG rating. The block has even infamously allowed light TV-14 programming to air throughout the block. The block also airs new episodes of original programming, and is considered to be highest watched block on the entire channel. Recent episodes of certain original series may air when no new episodes are scheduled to air that week.
- SPEED (weekly; 9:00 PM - 6:00 AM
- Kingson Moon:
The Kingson television schedule usually changes bimonthly, as a result from programming being added or taken off its lineup. To see it's upcoming schedule, see here.