Aura International is an American company that was founded in February 2015.
The division was founded in February 2015 as ToonInternational.
On April 26, 2015, AniNick PLUS launched under an agreement between RaGE Media Group (AniNick's parent company) and ToonInternational.
Sale to Curiousgorge66 Studios
In October 2015, Viacom announced that it was pulling funding from the company. Curiousgorge66 Studios announced that they had acquired the company on October 24, 2015.
On November 1, 2015, the company was rebranded as Curiousgorge66 Networks.
Curiousgorge66 XD Networks merger
In March 2016, Curiousgorge66 Studios announced that Curiousgorge66 XD Networks, then-owners of Cartoon Network XD, Vortexx Network, and Cartoon Network Freeform, will be folded into Curiousgorge66 Networks in 2016. The merger was completed on March 24, 2016.
The company was rebranded as Aura International in October 2017.
Slow wind-down of international Nickelodeon Family services
Beginning in November 2017, Nickelodeon Family networks outside the United States began to be rebranded into Aura, starting with the Canadian, Japanese, and Latin American feeds. The Nicktoons Family branding was retired in Germany and Southeast Asia on July 1st, 2018; it was speculated that the Nickelodeon Family feeds across Scandinavia would be rebranded under Aura branding by the end of July 2018.
Several rerun-only US channels under the Nickelodeon Family branding were also re-aligned into the Aura branding (or, in the case of Nicktoons Family Plus, shut down entirely).
- SurgeAnime TOO (45% share; joint venture with Firebasket Studios)
- Nickelodeon Family Britain, Wales, Nordic, and Oceania (under license from Curiousgorge66 Studios)
- AnimeNation (United States) (35% share; joint-venture with Typewriter Japan and Turner Broadcasting)
- NickGame (45% share; joint-venture with Firebasket Studios)
- Aura Afternoons
- SurgeAnime (UK & Ireland) (55% share; joint-venture with Ravenworks Studios and Sky plc)
- Nicktoons Family Britain, Wales, Japan, Nordic, and Oceania (under license from Curiousgorge66 Studios)
- SurgeAnime Classics (45% share; joint-venture with Firebasket Studios)
- SurgeAnime (Asia) (66% share; joint-venture with Typewriter Japan)
- Aura Xtreme Networks-owned networks
- AuraWorldwide (20% share; joint-venture with Corus Entertainment)
- Aura Japan