Aura International is an American company that was founded in February 2015.
The division was founded in February 2015 as ToonInternational.
On April 26, 2015, AniNick PLUS launched under an agreement between RaGE Media Group (AniNick's parent company) and ToonInternational.
Sale to Curiousgorge66 Studios
In October 2015, Viacom announced that it was pulling funding from the company. Curiousgorge66 Studios announced that they had acquired the company on October 24, 2015.
On November 1, 2015, the company was rebranded as Curiousgorge66 Networks.
Curiousgorge66 XD Networks merger
In March 2016, Curiousgorge66 Studios announced that Curiousgorge66 XD Networks, then-owners of Cartoon Network XD, Vortexx Network, and Cartoon Network Freeform, will be folded into Curiousgorge66 Networks in 2016. The merger was completed on March 24, 2016.
The company was rebranded as Aura International in October 2017.
- Nicktoons Family Plus
- SurgeAnime TOO (45% share; joint venture with Firebasket Studios)
- Nickelodeon Family Britain, Wales, Southeast Asia, Nordic, and Oceania (under license from Curiousgorge66 Studios)
- AnimeNation (United States) (35% share; joint-venture with Typewriter Japan and Turner Broadcasting)
- NickGame (45% share; joint-venture with Firebasket Studios)
- Aura Afternoons
- SurgeAnime (UK & Ireland) (55% share; joint-venture with Ravenworks Studios and Sky plc)
- Nicktoons Family Britain, Wales, Southeast Asia, Japan, Nordic, and Oceania (under license from Curiousgorge66 Studios)
- SurgeAnime Classics (45% share; joint-venture with Firebasket Studios)
- SurgeAnime (Asia) (66% share; joint-venture with Typewriter Japan)
- Aura Xtreme Networks-owned networks
- Nickelodeon Family International (20% share; joint-venture with Corus Entertainment)
- Nickelodeon Family Networks, USA
- Aura Japan