Aura International is an American company that was founded in February 2015.
The division was founded as ToonNick International in February 2015 as a result of Nickelodeon taking ToonNick and ToonNick PLUS worldwide.
On February 28, 2015, ToonNick and ToonNick PLUS were introduced to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
On March 26, 2015, ToonNick launched in Japan.
On April 26, 2015, AniNick PLUS launched under an agreement between RaGE Media Group (AniNick's parent company) and ToonNick International.
Sale to Curiousgorge66 Studios
In October 2015, Viacom announced that it was pulling funding from the company. Curiousgorge66 Studios announced that they had acquired the company on October 24, 2015.
On November 1, 2015, the company was rebranded as Curiousgorge66 Networks.
Curiousgorge66 XD Networks merger
In March 2016, Curiousgorge66 Studios announced that Curiousgorge66 XD Networks, owners of Cartoon Network XD, Vortexx Network, and Cartoon Network Freeform, will be folded into Curiousgorge66 Networks in 2016. The merger was completed on March 24, 2016.
The company was rebranded as Aura International in October 2017.
- Nicktoons Family Plus
- AnimeNation TOO (45% share; joint venture with Typewriter Japan)
- Nickelodeon Family Britain, Wales, Southeast Asia, Nordic, and Oceania (under license from Curiousgorge66 Studios)
- AnimeNation (United States) (35% share; joint-venture with Typewriter Japan and Turner Broadcasting)
- NickGame (45% share; joint-venture with Typewriter Japan)
- Nick on CW (50% share; joint-venture with Viacom)
- AnimeNation (UK & Ireland) (55% share; joint-venture with Axiom Entertainment and Sky plc)
- Nicktoons Family Britain, Wales, Southeast Asia, Japan, Nordic, and Oceania (under license from Curiousgorge66 Studios)
- AnimeNation+ (45% share; joint-venture with Typewriter Japan)
- SurgeAnime (Asia) (66% share; joint-venture with Typewriter Japan)
- Aura Xtreme Networks-owned networks
- Nickelodeon Family International (20% share; joint-venture with Corus Entertainment)
- Nickelodeon Family Networks, USA
- Aura Japan